Specialized in old homes.
Experienced in all homes.
Single Family Residential Inspection
We get into parts of your house you may never see. We look at things most people ignore. Our inspections are thorough and our reports are easy to read. Full color photos, in-depth diagrams, and illustrations make sure your info is easy to understand.
*Travel fees apply to homes outside of the Omaha Metro Area. Additional Fees may apply for large or multi-system homes. Contact us for details.
Getting ready to sell in the next season? Need a to-do list to focus on to ensure your house stands out? We can do a thorough walkthrough with you and give you a full written checklist of target projects that will ensure your home is as ready as possible to put that sign out front.
Got a young one on the verge of disbelief? Don't worry, we're "Santa Certified." We'll come to your home free of charge to inspect your chimney with your child to certify that it's ready for Santa's big appearance*. Don't have a chimney? That's OK, because we're great at explaining Santa's many ways of bringing packages.
*NOTE: This is just for the kiddos to check your chimney's
Santa-worthiness. It's not an actual chimney evaluation.
Often, sellers take action on one of the recommended items in our reports. When this happens, we'll come out to look over the work that was done to ensure that everything looks good. Some inspectors charge a separate fee for rechecks, but we wouldn't want to pay a second time so you don't have to either.
We've all heard that you get what you pay for. But isn't there some wiggle room on that statement? Isn't it possible to get what you didn't pay for? Well, we like to think so. That's why we offer a variety of discounts. We'd love to help you keep as much of your money in your pocket as we can. Let us know if you qualify for one of these discounts:
- First Time Home Buyers - There's nothing that beats the optimism and excitement of buying your first home.
- Defenders - First responders (fire, EMT, police) and Armed Services / Veterans have our deepest gratitude.
- Educators / Teachers - We advocate for better pay . . . and better discounts . . . for our teachers.
- Seniors - We can't buy your wisdom, but we can cut your home inspection costs!
- Foster / Adoptive Families - Home is very important to us. We give you credit for sharing yours with kids that need it.
- Premier Realtors - We have exclusive discounts for clients of select realtors. Contact us for more info!
When booking online, be advised that the booking time is our inspection start time. The inspection takes about three hours to complete. You are welcome to attend the entire inspection or simply attend the summarized walkthrough at the end of the inspection. Most people will attend the walkthrough only, but you are welcome to follow our inspector to ask questions as he progresses through the house.
Hunter Home Inspections